Reports to: VP of Development
Developers at Launch Scout are consultants as much as hands-on coders. Developers play a significant role in not only building client apps but helping our clients figure out what to build. Developers work closely with designers, collaborating on overall look, feel, usability and flow, as well as code.
Launch Scout developers have the power to push for new ideas and help clients understand the value of the work we’re delivering. They’re given great autonomy. Our developers work on small teams, typically with another developer, a designer and the client.
Traits of a Launch Scout Developer
- Look forward to digging in and consulting with clients. Helping them identify business problems and figuring out how to solve them with technology and agile work processes.
- Love closely collaborating with developers, designers, and clients.
- Easily cross the boundaries between front and back-end development.
- Have experience shipping projects to production, as well as fine-tuning and maintaining those apps.
- Embrace an agile development process, open source tools and continuous improvement project management tools like Kanban.
We are currently open to remote candidates applying from anywhere in the US who are authorized to work in the US. We are fully remote during the pandemic, but we may require relocation or split time in the Cincinnati office as we determine our office re-opening plans.
What to Expect
We may not be able to respond individually to every inquiry. We’ll ask you to do a short exercise demonstrating your skills. In the mean time, go read about our awesome perks and benefits.
About Launch Scout
Our team loves making great applications, and we want you to come join us. We’re a small, mighty company where you can get to know all of your coworkers personally without having to look them up in a company directory. We value work-life balance – no burning the midnight oil for billable hours. You’ll receive a competitive salary and generous benefits. Launch Scout pays for 100% of your medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage. There’s also a 401k match and a yearly professional development budget for each employee. Casual dress code with flexible work hours. We have a downtown Cincinnati office available with plenty of comfy spaces to work.