Reports to: VP of Engineering
Developers at Launch Scout are consultants as much as hands-on coders. Developers play a significant role in not only building client apps but helping our clients figure out what to build. Developers work closely with designers, collaborating on overall look, feel, usability and flow, as well as code.
Launch Scout developers have the power to push for new ideas and help clients understand the value of the work we’re delivering. They’re given great autonomy. Our developers work on small teams, typically with another developer, a designer and the client.
What We’re Looking For
- a software engineer who can serve as a technical leader and enjoys working on a cross-functional team with designers, product owners, and other engineers.
- commitment to own your technical delivery on the project, finding ways to deliver value to your client in the most effective way you know.
- willingness to share your voice and perspective with our larger engineering team and with the community.
- an excitement in developing and mentoring other engineers.
- experience shipping projects to production, as well as fine-tuning and maintaining those apps.
- experience in agile development processes, open source tools and continuous improvement project management processes (eg Kanban).
- We are currently open to remote candidates applying from anywhere in the US who are authorized to work in the US. We’re remote first, and we have an awesome new office in Cincinnati that’s available for in-person work. We may request travel to Cincinnati from time to time for team-building and project needs.
We are currently open to remote candidates applying from anywhere in the US who are authorized to work in the US. We’re remote first, and we have an awesome new office in Cincinnati that’s available for in-person work. We may request travel to Cincinnati from time to time for team-building and project needs.
What to Expect
We may not be able to respond individually to every inquiry. We’ll ask you to do a short exercise demonstrating your skills. In the mean time, go read about our awesome perks and benefits.
About Launch Scout
Our team loves making great applications, and we want you to come join us. We’re a small, mighty company with 25 people. Everyone here has a great work-life balance – no burning the midnight oil for billable hours. You’ll receive a competitive salary and generous benefits. Launch Scout pays for 100% of your medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage. There’s also a 401k match and a yearly professional development budget for each employee. Remote first with a downtown Cincinnati office available.