We have all heard the phrase, “You get what you pay for,” right? When it comes to products or services - we are told you can only pick two of the three options: Fast, Cheap, and Good. Well, the crowded space of software development is no different…
Gaslight is a ten year old custom software development and UI/UX design consultancy in Cincinnati, OH. At ten years, you have to understand your competition and be true to your core values. There are plenty of companies out there that build software - some do it well and some don’t. There are equally plenty of consulting companies that give great advice and some… not so much. What makes Gaslight unique is that we have been very intentional about being the very best at both. At our core, we build world-class software that is flexible and scalable to adapt to the changes your business will undoubtedly go through. We have also assembled our technical teams that are eager to communicate and consult the client throughout the length of the project, and many times, beyond it. We want our team to have a strong connection to our clients to understand their goals and objectives.
At Gaslight we feel that we have so much to offer our clients. It starts with building a trusted relationship, and acting as advisors to build the software our clients deserve.
Often times, development companies claim to be consultancies, but in this business actions speak louder than words! Let me walk you through our process and give you some insight into the people you will be working with and the sessions we like to go through to deliver the most value to our clients. Before you know us, we have to get to know you. As the Sales Director here at Gaslight I am tasked with finding organizations that could benefit the most from working with Gaslight.
Here are some of the things I look for:
- Organizations in “Growth Mode”
- Companies that know they need to innovate, but aren’t sure how or where to start
- Organizations that have fallen behind competition in their space due to lack of technology innovations
- Companies in an industry that have narrow margins where we can give them a competitive advantage by building software that makes their business run more efficiently
- Companies that have an opportunity to give their users a better experience (UX)
- Companies who have a development team who “keeps the lights on” but need an outside team to come in and help them build new innovative functions and features
- Start-ups looking to build an industry disrupting product
After I find these companies, that’s when the real fun begins. Let’s have a face to face meeting with you and your team to understand your business, the challenges you have, your competitors, and what makes you unique. Throughout this conversation I am going to push you to think “big picture” because my goal is to help you find your “WHY”. Building custom software is difficult and can be a major investment, so I want to make sure you and your team believe in what you are doing. I also want to make sure your team understands the opportunity that you have in front of you. We know every project is complex and unique, but we approach each one with these four things in mind.
Our clients want more than just cookie-cutter or built to spec software. Instead, we form authentic partnerships and work side by side to identify end-users’ needs and design and develop ambitious custom solutions.
- Our teams are created to maximize efficiency and communication.
- Every step together is transparent so that our clients are in the best position to make good decisions.
- We craft software that works better, lasts longer, and is easier to use, maintain and modify.
- We work to leave a lasting impact on the communities we engage with.
Our approach is tried and true… but we feel that to be successful we really need to be your strategic partner in growth. We know that project success is largely correlated to the relationship we build with our clients and our understanding of their business. We will only build things that we wholeheartedly believe will help you achieve your business goals & objectives.